|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Some modules of the programme would be conducted at IVE (Morrison Hill).)
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2020 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
- For details please contact Department of Engineering :
IVE (Sha Tin) : 2256 7500
This programme provides an all-round training on building environment design that emphasizes not only the knowledge on technologies, sustainable development and legal requirements and also application of the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology to create a better built environment so that the graduates can take up various positions in architectural technology related position to create comfort and pleasure built environment, and be also well-equipped for further development to professional or management levels.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may be employed by interior design firms, architectural firms, property developers, building contractors, government department, etc. to take up various supervisory, managerial and technical positions, such as assistant interior designer, project manager/coordinator, assistant Building Information Modeling (BIM) manager, architectural technician and technical officer.
Graduates may apply for admission to relevant degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities, including :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- BSc(Hons) Architectural Technology and Design#, University of the West of England, UK (full-time / part-time top-up degree programme operated by SHAPE locally at VTC)
- BA(Hons) Interior Design#, Birmingham City University, UK (part-time top-up programmes operated by SHAPE locally at VTC)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) (Honours)#, RMIT University, Australia (part-time top-up programmes operated by SHAPE locally at VTC)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Architecture, Chu Hai College of Higher Education
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The programme is recognized by the Hong Kong Institute of Building Information Modelling (HKIBIM) as satisfying the academic requirement of its Associate membership.
Recognition from CIC BIM Certification and Accreditation Board (BIMCAB) will also be sought to accept graduates with relevant work experience to become BIM Coordinators.
- Average result in 2020 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2020 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.