|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2020 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
- For details please contact Department of Engineering :
IVE (Tsing Yi) : 2436 8641
The programme aims to educate students who will acquire important theoretical knowledge as well as a useful range of employable and practical skills in automotive engineering and business. Close linkages with local industry, and the Mainland, ensure our graduates fulfill what industry and the region need. Emphasis will especially be placed upon developing critical thinking, effective communication, problem-solving and innovative skills. Successful graduates will be confident in both working alone as well as in a team (as required) and will eventually become leaders in their chosen field.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation. Click here to view the programme highlights video (narration in Cantonese)
The Automotive Engineering industry has a strong, continuing presence in Hong Kong. Graduates may take up positions as Assistant Engineers, Service Advisers, Technicians or Supervisors. They are normally employed by light or heavy vehicle after-sales service centres, vehicle safety inspection centres, vehicle component development companies and road transport related firms.
Graduates can apply for admission to the relevant BEng (Hons) programmes offered by the following local universities :
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- City University of Hong Kong
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
- Fulfill the Mandatory Basic Safety Training requirements of the Labour Department of the Hong Kong S.A.R. Government for working in construction sites and green card.
- The programme is recognised by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and The Institute of the Motor Industry Hong Kong as satisfying the academic requirements for the Associate membership.
- Average result in 2020 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2020 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.