- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Management for Disciplined Services
Higher Diploma in Management for Disciplined Services
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
The programme covers various aspects of management training for security and disciplined services which develop the potential of students to take up a managerial role in the related area.
During the study of the programme, students can receive training in the auxiliary force (need to pass Selection Process) and participate in real operations and services after passing-out to gain real-life and management experience.
Graduates are competent to take up frontline managerial positions and other rank in disciplined services or become Security Officer in private sector.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the following universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE)#
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA (Hons) Business Management
- Northumbria University, UK : BA (Hons) Business and international Management
Business Discipline has established closed relationship and partnership with business enterprises and professional bodies. The department will invite guest speakers from various professions and arrange related workplace attachments for students to enhance their professional knowledge and employability.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Programme with interdisciplinary collaboration. The programme is jointly offered by the Business and Hospitality disciplines.