- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Artiste and Cultural Management
Higher Diploma in Artiste and Cultural Management
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
Through diverse scope of training, this programme aims to equip students with necessary skills and knowledge that are needed for artiste management and execution of promotional arts, cultural and/or entertainment events.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can develop their careers in the field of artiste management, arts and cultural venue opperations and event marketing. They are competent to take up wide range of positions, such as artiste manager assistant, artist and repertoire (A&R) assistant, music & concert promoter, live event coordinator, performing arts project officer, arts and cultural venue assistant.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) or overseas universities below in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- THEi : BA (Hons) in Public Relations and International Events Management (Year 3 entry)
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK : BA (Hons) Business Management#
This programme will invite guest speakers from various professions and arrange related workplace attachments for students to enhance their professional knowledge and employability.
Students are eligible to apply for student membership of the Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association (HKAAA).
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Programme with interdisciplinary collaboration. The programme is jointly offered by the Business and Design disciplines.