- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Real Estate and Property Management
Higher Diploma in Real Estate and Property Management
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2022. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2023/24 will be announced later.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
This programme aims to provide students with hands-on experience in property management and professional knowledge for the real estate business.
Through industrial attachment and workplace coaching, students are ready to work and develop their career in the real estate industry.
Graduates are competent to take up positions like Property Officer, Housing Officer, Officer Trainee, Assistant Surveyor, Assistant Property Officer or Estate Assistant. Subject to graduates' career goal.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas, including Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Surveying (Year 3 Entry)^ offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi).
Meanwhile, they also can apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes related to Business Management in Hong Kong offered by the universities in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE).
^ students may be required to take bridging modules
The programme was recognized by the following authority and professional bodies:
- The Property Management Services Authority (PMSA) - Graduates would fulfill one of the criteria for holding a Property Management Practitioner (Tier 2) licence
- The Chartered Institute of Housing Asian Pacific Branch (CIHAPB) - Graduates would satisfy the academic requirements of “Member” of the Institute
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) of the United Kingdom. Graduates would satisfy the academic requirements of "Associate Member" of the Institution.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.