|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2019 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
The Higher Diploma in Advertising Design aims to be a top-of-mind programme that focuses on the balance between creative strategy, communication art and production skills.
Students experience learning through activities that nurture the creative mind, with competitive transferrable skills that develop commercial awareness and consumer insights applicable to traditional and digital advertising and marketing.
Students apply creative strategies to persuasive communication designs that are practically produced for pitching and presentation. Students are trained to become enterprising advertising creatives who are open-minded, playful, confident, compelling and competitive. We encourage students to be observant, courageous and responsive in the ever-changing and highly challenging world of advertising.
Graduates can work from entry level to become :
Creative director, art director, copywriter, digital marketer, promotion and event manager, studio and production manager, brand manager, web designer, visualiser, digital designer, online advertising designer and social media executive.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
They are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programmes offered by the following university in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE)#
- The Coventry University, UK :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- BA(Hons) Graphic Design
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 252951)
- BA(Hons) Illustration and Graphics
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 252952)
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programme offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi):
Graduates can also apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are :
- City University of Hong Kong : BA Creative Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University : BCOMM (Hons) - Public Relations and Advertising Major
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong : BSSc in Journalism and Communication
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University :
- BA (Hons) in Communication Design
- BA (Hons) in Advertising Design
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
The Higher Diploma in Advertising Design offered by HKDI are highly recognised by professional bodies, advertising and design industries.
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of major design organisations, e.g. D&AD, Hong Kong Designers Association, HK4As, etc.
- Average result in 2019 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2019 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.