|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
This programme aims to provide students with professional and comprehensive training with a broad knowledge and practical skills relating to food, nutrition, food product development, safety management. It covers a spectrum of modules including food technology, food legislation, food testing, food packaging, food quality audit and systems implementation, and food product innovation.
This programme is also designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may be employed in various food and nutritional related industries and public health services, including food production, healthcare organizations, wellness centres, healthy food companies, catering organizations, global food logistics and business trade, food product testing, health inspectors for Food and Environmental Hygiene Department and food safety auditors. Graduates are competent to fill positions at technical, supervisory and managerial levels as food technical assistants, food quality controllers, food logistic and hygiene managers, and other relevant technical practitioners in the food trade discipline.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programme :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food and Nutrition offered by the University of Ulster, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science offered by the London South Bank University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science (Food Safety) offered by the London South Bank University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science (New Product Development) offered by the London South Bank University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food and Nutrition offered by the London South Bank University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Baking Science and Technology offered by the London South Bank University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science and Nutrition (Reg No. 251919)# offered by Northumbria University, United Kingdom (in collaboration with SHAPE).
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Food Science and Safety offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi).
Graduates are eligible to apply for the Full Membership of Hong Kong Food Professionals Association and Hong Kong Food Hygiene Administrators Association.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.