|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- This programme is only applicable to applicants with HKDSE Chinese Language qualifications.
This Programme aims to fulfill the VTC mission of providing a valued choice to school leavers to acquire values, professional knowledge and skills of rehabilitation services for lifelong learning as well as valued supports to industries for their manpower development.
The programme equips students with the technical and professional knowledge and skills, together with the necessary language, IT, interpersonal and other generic skills, initially at a paraprofessional level, via the blending of theoretical knowledge and practical application, to enable them to pursue a career in the healthcare and rehabilitation services sector. Graduates can be employed as rehabilitation therapy assistants in public and private hospitals, medical group practices, rehabilitation centers, community clinics and healthcare institutions; medical representatives in healthcare companies; health service education and promotion personnel and so on.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may be employed as healthcare personnel or supervisors in public and private hospitals, medical group practices, rehabilitation centers, community clinics and healthcare companies. Graduates may also work in health service, education and promotion.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Physiotherapy offered by the Coventry University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Occupational Therapy offered by the Coventry University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Podiatry offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Health Care offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Health Education (Honours) offered by the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK);
- Bachelor of Science Education (Honours) (Sports Science) offered by the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK); and
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Sciences (Health Studies) offered by the School of Professional Education and Executive Development, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
This programme is an approved ‘Combined Health Worker Training Course’, eligible graduates can apply for registration as Health Worker with the Social Welfare Department.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.