|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
This programme aims to equip students with wide range of knowledge, skills and techniques in biomedical science including biomedical analysis and medical testing.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates may be employed as medical laboratory assistants, research assistants, technicians in quality control and product development, product specialists.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences offered by the City University of Hong Kong;
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Human Biosciences offered by Coventry University, UK.
Graduates are eligible to apply for Intermediate membership of Australian Institute of Medical Scientists.
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.