|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
This programme aims to meet the increasing manpower demand in biotechnology development and related biological product market by equipping students with vocational education and training in biotechnology.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates should be able to obtain employment in government departments, research laboratories in universities and hospitals, animal laboratories, biotechnology companies, testing laboratories, Ocean Park, etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biology offered by University of Ulster, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Human Biosciences (Reg no. 252701) # offered by Coventry University, United Kingdom (in collaboration with SHAPE).
Many professional bodies in Hong Kong and overseas acknowledge the quality of our programmes, including:
- Royal Society of Biology
- Hong Kong Association for Testing, Inspection and Certification
- Hong Kong Biotechnology Organization
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.