|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- This programme is only applicable to applicants with HKDSE Chinese Language qualifications.
This programme aims to provide professional knowledge, practical training and management skills in the area of nutrition and health food industry. It nurtures students to pursue a career in the nutrition and health related field and further study to become a registered dietitian. It covers a spectrum of modules including nutritional assessment and therapy, public health education and promotion, menu planning and healthy food service management, health food products development and Chinese food therapy. The programme is suitable for students who have enthusiasm in promoting healthy eating concept to improve human health.
This programme is also designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed as nutritionist / dietitian assistants, nutritionist trainees, health advisors, health promotion instructors and patient care assistants in nutrition, health promotion, health food products and food service settings, such as medical groups, community health and nutrition centers, wellness centers, health food companies and catering groups.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics (Hons) offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science offered by Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Human Nutrition offered by the University of Ulster, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food and Nutrition offered by the University of Ulster, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science and Nutrition (Reg No.: 251919)# offered by Northumbria University, United Kingdom (in collaboration with SHAPE);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Food Science and Safety offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)^;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Health Care offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)^; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)^.
^ Students may be required to take different additional core modules
Hong Kong Food Science and Technology Association Limited:
- Students can apply for Student Membership;
- Graduates are eligible to apply for Full Membership.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.