|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
This programme aims to meet the increasing manpower demand in arboriculture, tree management and nature conservation profession by providing students with specialised training and practical skills in arboriculture, tree management and nature conservation.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed in government departments, landscape and greening contractors, professional consultancy firms, nature conservation green groups, etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Horticulture and Landscape Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Science (Biodiversity & Conservation Pathway) offered by Plymouth University, United Kingdom; and
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science offered by the Exeter University, United Kingdom.
This programme is recognised by Development Bureau as fulfilling the training / qualification requirement of ‘Inspection officer’ and ‘Endorsement officer’ to conduct tree risk assessment (using Form 1 and Form 2).
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.