This programme aims to equip students with generic and vocational knowledge and skills in a specific vocational field, as well as to develop students’ transferable skills, attitude and values, so as to facilitate their entry to the employment market and/or further studies. The Sport Stream covers mainly fundamental knowledge and skills in various areas including sport and recreation, psychology, nutrition, business and event operation.
Graduates may be employed as assistant sports executive, sports and recreation coordinator, sport organizer trainee, and assistant officer as recruited by different national sports associations, non-government organizations, property management companies, private and residential clubhouses.
- Meritorious graduates, based on the internal and / or external academic results, can apply for admission to relevant Degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities, subject to fulfillment of specific entrance requirements, if any. Please check with individual institutions for any specific entrance requirements.
- Holders of Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate, based on the internal and / or external academic results, are considered having met the general minimum entrance requirements of VTC’s Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements).
Secondary 3 leavers will normally be exempted from tuition fee payment for 3 years of study. Additional fees including BTEC registration fee (around HK$2700) and IGCSE examination fees may apply.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Participation in Sports & Recreation
- Ethics, Behaviours and Values
- Leadership in Sports and Health Promotion
- Sport and Leisure Facility Operations
- Applied Sports Anatomy and Physiology
- Nutrition for Physical Performance
- Fitness Testing
- Influence of Technology in Sport and Physical Activity
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Practical Sports Performance
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Sports Psychology
- Organising Events in Sport and Physical Activities
- Sports Injuries Management
- Business in Sport
- Sports Tourism
- Sport Development
- Research Project in Sport
- Whole Person Development