This programme aims to equip students with generic and vocational knowledge and skills in a specific vocational stream, as well as to develop students’ transferable skills, attitude and values, so as to facilitate their entry to the employment market and / or further studies. The Engineering programme covers mainly fundamental scientific and technological knowledge and skills for the broad applications of machines, structures, products, systems, and operations across engineering sectors.
Graduates may be employed as apprentices or engineering assistants in various engineering and technology sectors covering specialisms in electrical & mechanical, construction, electronic and computing, manufacturing, industrial and systems engineering. They can also be skilled practitioners in emerging sectors in engineering industry.
- Meritorious graduates, based on the internal and / or external academic results, can apply for admission to relevant Degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities, subject to fulfillment of specific entrance requirements, if any. Please check with individual institutions for any specific entrance requirements.
- Holders of Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate, based on the internal and / or external academic results, are considered having met the general minimum entrance requirements of VTC’s Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements).
Secondary 3 leavers will normally be exempted from tuition fee payment for 3 years of study. Additional fees including BTEC registration fee (around HK$2700) and IGCSE examination fees may apply.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Engineering Science
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Further Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Technology
- Selecting and Using Programmable Controllers
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices
- Integrated Studies
- Controlling Systems Using IT
- Engineering Project
- Whole Person Development