This programme aims to equip students with generic and vocational knowledge and skills in a specific vocational stream, as well as to develop students’ transferable skills, attitude and values, so as to facilitate their entry to the employment market and / or further studies. The Design programme covers mainly fundamental knowledge and skills required in various areas including graphic design, 3D design and multi-media design.
Graduates may be employed as trainees or assistants to designers in the area of graphics, photography, film & TV, multi-media, fashion and image, product, interior, architecture and landscape, visual arts, visual design for journalism etc. They can also be future professionals who can apply art and design concepts in various fields of work.
- Meritorious graduates, based on the internal and / or external academic results, can apply for admission to relevant Degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities, subject to fulfillment of specific entrance requirements, if any. Please check with individual institutions for any specific entrance requirement.
- Holders of Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate, based on the internal and / or external academic results, are considered having met the general minimum entrance requirements of VTC’s Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements.
Secondary 3 leavers will normally be exempted from tuition fee payment for 3 years of study. Additional fees including BTEC registration fee (around HK$2700) and IGCSE examination fees may apply.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Visual Recording in Art and Design
- Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Design Fundamentals
- Ideas and Concepts in Art and Design
- Drawing from Observation
- Graphic Media, Techniques and Technology
- Communication Through Art and Design
- 3D Sketching
- 3D Design Media, Techniques and Technology
- Contextual Influences in Art and Design
- Typographic and Layout Design
- Fashion Visualisation
- Experimental Imagery in Photography
- Film and Video Editing Techniques
- Fashion Media, Techniques and Technology
- Small-scale Design
- Painting in Fine Art
- Narrative Image Making
- Application, Exploration and Realisation in Art and Design
- Whole Person Development