This is a design programme consisting of 4 areas:
- Graphics & Media Design;
- Interior Design;
- Product Design; and
- Fashion Design
Students will be eligible to apply for the Bachelor Degree Programmes of overseas or local universities after graduating from this programme.
This programme aims to equip students with generic and vocational knowledge and skills in a specific vocational stream, as well as to develop students’ transferable skills, attitude and values, so as to facilitate their entry to the employment market and / or further studies. The Design programme covers mainly fundamental knowledge and skills required in various areas including graphic design, 3D design and multi-media design.
Graduates may be employed as trainees or assistants to designers in the area of graphics, photography, film & TV, multi-media, fashion and image, product, interior, architecture and landscape, visual arts, visual design for journalism etc. They can also be future professionals who can apply art and design concepts in various fields of work.
- Meritorious graduates, based on the internal and / or external academic results, can apply for admission to relevant Degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities, subject to fulfillment of specific entrance requirements, if any. Please check with individual institutions for any specific entrance requirement.
- Holders of Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate, based on the internal and / or external academic results, are considered having met the general minimum entrance requirements of VTC’s Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements.
Secondary 3 leavers will normally be exempted from tuition fee payment for 3 years of study. Additional fees including BTEC registration fee (around HK$2700) and IGCSE examination fees may apply.
VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Design Fundamentals
- Sketching & Drawing
- Exploring and Developing Art and Design Skills – Skills Development
- Exploring and Developing Art and Design Skills – Responding to a BTEC Project Brief
- Exploring and Developing Art and Design Skills – Creative Project
- Advancing Creative Practice – Personal Progression
- Advancing Creative Practice – Personal Investigation
- Advancing Creative Practice – Extended Creative Industry Response
- Whole Person Development