|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
This programme aims to provide students with relevant academic knowledge, professional competence and supervisory skills for environmental monitoring, analysis, environmental assessment and pollution control. It nurtures students’ interests and capability to pursue a career and further study for fulfilling their aspirations to protect their environment. The programme is suitable for students who have great interest in environmental protection and management.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed in government departments (Environmental Protection Department, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department etc), professional environmental consultants firms, environmental laboratories, environmental organizations etc. for jobs in environmental protection and management.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Environmental Engineering and Management offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Environmental Science offered by the Plymouth University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Environmental Science (Reg. No. 252502)# offered by Northumbria University, United Kingdom (in collaboration with SHAPE); and
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science offered by the University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
Graduates with 2 years of relevant testing experience can obtain direct entry to Certified Testing Technician (CTT) under the Environmental Testing category.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.