|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
This programme aims to provide students with relevant academic knowledge, professional competence and supervisory skills for nature conservation, sustainable environmental management and environmental monitoring. It nurtures students' interests and capability to pursue a career and further study for fulfilling their aspirations to protect their environment. The programme is suitable for students who have great interest in environmental conservation and management.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed in government departments (Environmental Protection Department, Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, etc), professional consultants firms, accredited environmental laboratories, nature conservation organisations, etc. for jobs in environmental protection and management.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Environmental Engineering and Management offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Environmental Science offered by the Plymouth University in U.K.;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Geography offered by the Plymouth University in U.K.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Geography offered by the Plymouth University in U.K.; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Environmental Science offered by University of Northumbria at Newcastle in U.K
Graduates with 2 years of relevant testing experience can obtain direct entry to Certified Testing Technician (CTT) under the Environmental Testing category.
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.