- Part-time Evening Programmes
- Diploma of Vocational Education, Certificate of Vocational Education and Certificate Programmes
- Certificate of Vocational Education (Automotive Technology)
Certificate of Vocational Education (Automotive Technology)
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2021. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2022/23 will be announced in Mid May 2022.
|Duration of Study|
2 - 3 Years
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Completion of Secondary 3 OR Equivalent
- Normally to be completed in 3 years with 3 to 4 evenings per week.
- Required No. of Credits for Graduation : 180
- Applicants with higher qualifications, holders of BCC in other streams or those who possess relevant work experience may apply for study exemption for some of the modules.
- The actual curriculum hours may be slightly different from the normal curriculum hours due to the electives chosen.
- All applicants are required to attend a selection interview.
The programme covers knowledge related to vehicle servicing and operating principles of various systems. The vocational modules include, Vehicle Technology, Engine Technology, Engine Servicing, Transmission Servicing, Vehicle Electrical Systems, Vehicle Electronics Systems Diagnosis & Emission Control Systems etc.
Graduates could be employed in automotive industry as automotive mechanics and could eventually become supervisors. They could also apply for registration as Vehicle Mechanics under the Voluntary Registration Scheme.
Graduates can further their study in the Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) programme. Holders of Diploma of Vocational Education are considered having met the general entrance requirements of Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements). Please refer to the details of Higher Diploma programmes in this homepage.
- For some modules of the programmes, the medium of instruction and assessments is Chinese.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.