- S3 Full time
- Diploma of Vocational Education
- Diploma of Vocational Education (Hotel Studies)
Diploma of Vocational Education (Hotel Studies)
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2020. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2021/22 will be announced in Mid January 2021.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Completion of Secondary 3 or equivalent.
This programme aims to provide students with industry/profession-specific knowledge and skills, together with the necessary language, IT, interpersonal and other generic skills for employment, further study and active citizenship. It also seeks to cultivate a spirit of lifelong learning and develop student’s ability to learn how to learn. Furthermore, it helps students to build up proper attitudes and motivate them to learn throughout their lives.
Specifically, this programme will equip students with the necessary technical and professional knowledge and skills, initially at paraprofessional level, via the blending of theoretical knowledge and practical application, to enable them to pursue a career in the hotel and other related fields.
Graduates may be employed as receptionist, room attendant, food & beverage server.
Holders of Diploma of Vocational Education (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules) are considered having met the general entrance requirements of Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements). Please refer to the details of Higher Diploma
programmes in this homepage.
- For some modules of the programmes, the medium of instruction and assessments is Chinese.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase and wear the designated uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or to undergo practical training which may be scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.