|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Admission Score (For reference) (Note 1)|
Average Result : 14
Score Range : 10 - 20
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results. Applications will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
|Programme Aims|Click here to view the programme highlights video (narration in Cantonese)
This programme aims to meet the increasing manpower demand in arboriculture, tree management and nature conservation profession by providing students with specialised training and practical skills in arboriculture, tree management and nature conservation.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can be employed in government departments, landscape and greening contractors, professional consultancy firms, nature conservation green groups, etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- BSc (Hons) in Horticulture, Arboriculture and Landscape Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Environmental Management and Sustainability offered by the Plymouth University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Integrated Environmental Management offered by Education University of Hong Kong;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Development offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Environmental and Occupational Safety and Health offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; and
- Bachelor of Science Natural Sciences offered by Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- This programme fulfils the academic qualification requirements for Inspection Officers for Form 1 - Tree Group Inspection and Form 2 - Individual Tree Risk Assessment as required by Development Bureau.
- This programme is a recognized programme in the Study Sponsorship Scheme under the Urban Forestry Support Fund, eligible student will be granted a subsidy of HK$20,000 upon satisfactory completion of this programme.
- Admission score in 2022 refers to score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2022. For reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.