- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Health Studies
Higher Diploma in Health Studies
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2022. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2023/24 will be announced later.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
|Programme Aims|Click here to view the programme highlights video (narration in Cantonese)
This programme aims to equip students with the medical and healthcare profession-specific knowledge and skills together with the necessary language, IT, interpersonal and other generic skills for employment, further study and active citizenship. It also seeks to cultivate a spirit of lifelong learning in the medical and healthcare field.
This programme will equip students with the necessary technical and professional knowledge and skills, initially at a paraprofessional level, via the blending of theoretical knowledge and practical application, to build their passion and ambitions in health industry and the students are to be trained with discipline, responsibility, professionalism.
Graduates enable to pursue a career in the healthcare sector as competent and professional healthcare personnel, executive personnel or supervisors in public and private hospitals, healthcare institutions and agencies, medical group practices and community clinics, medical representatives in healthcare companies and medical group practices. Graduates may also work as health service education and promotion personnel etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nutrition and Healthcare Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Food Science and Safety offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Testing and Certification offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics offered by the Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science offered by the Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Podiatry offered by the Queensland University of Technology, Australia;
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Business (Health Services Management) offered by the School of Professional Education and Executive Development, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University;
- Bachelor of Health Education (Honours) offered by the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK); and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Adult Nursing offered by the Coventry University, United Kingdom
This programme is approved by the Social Welfare Department as a ‘Health Worker Training Course’. Students who meet the requirements of registered health workers can apply for registration as Health worker with the Social Welfare Department.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.