- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Fitness and Exercise Nutrition
Higher Diploma in Fitness and Exercise Nutrition
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
|Programme Aims|Click here to view the programme highlights video (narration in Cantonese)
This programme aims to equip students with knowledge in exercise and nutrition so that they are trained to serve the public and special groups such as elderly and children. The programme includes setting exercise plans for different groups, exercise nutrition and sports supplement, fitness and nutritional assessments as well as weight management related knowledge. This programme is suitable for students who intend to promote community health and improve health of service groups through diet and exercise.
Graduates can be employed as a health promotion officer, nutritionist assistant, sales and marketing assistant for nutrition and sports products in organizations and companies that require knowledge in both sports and nutrition areas.
Graduates can pursue relevant top-up degrees locally or overseas. They can apply for admission to the top-up degree programme offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) or the overseas university below:
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no..
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Sports and Recreation Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Food Science and Safety offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Food Science and Nutrition (Reg No.: 251919)# offered by the Northumbria University, United Kingdom (in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) in Hong Kong);
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Physical Activity and Health offered by the Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom;
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science offered by the Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom; and
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Health and Exercise Science (Reg. No. 253218)# offered by the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom (in collaboration with SHAPE).
The department will invite guest speakers from various professions and arrange relevant workplace attachments for students to enhance their professional knowledge and employability.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.