|Duration of Study
|Mode of Study
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)
(Class and training venues include but not limited to International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel, Training Café and Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
- The programme prepares students to pursue a career in hotel’s front office, housekeeping or food and beverage department; provides them with an understanding of relevant department structures, holistic operations; and equips them with professional skills and knowledge required for hotel operations
- In the Integrated Learning Experience Module, through training at The T Hotel, students can apply their skills and knowledge in an authentic working environment which helps them develop work autonomy and leadership qualities; cultivates professional work attitude and communication skills. The training will enable them to work with confidence and prepare them for further career development
- Graduates can develop their careers in hotels, resorts, theme parks, clubhouses, serviced apartments, conferences and exhibitions, etc.
Students who study food preparation and catering programmes are required to take the food hygiene and safety module. Students who have attained the specified score or above at the relevant examination will be awarded the “Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors” which is recognized by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department in Hong Kong.
Graduates of Diploma in Hotel Operations (QF Level 3) who have successfully completed the 2-hour “Introduction to Bordeaux Wines” will be awarded a certificate by Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB), France.
Students may obtain Barista Skills-Foundation qualification from The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) by passing relevant examinations.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002714/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2026
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus antibody result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students must have a medical check, purchase and wear the uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the right not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Upon completion of the food hygiene and safety module, students may sit for the “Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene” examination offered by the Royal Society for Public Heath (RSPH), UK at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate.
- Applicants should have a good sense of smell.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or undergo practical training scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Professional Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experience in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes on 2538 2200.