|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel, Training Café and Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 6 (under the New Senior Secondary academic structure); OR completion of Secondary 5 with a pass in the HTI / CCI / ICI bridging course; OR Equivalent.
- Prepares students to pursue a career in hotel’s front office, housekeeping or food and beverage department; provides them with an understanding of relevant departmental structures, holistic operations; and equips them with professional skills and knowledge required for hotel operations
- In the Integrated Learning Experience Module, through training at The T Hotel, students can apply their skills and knowledge in an authentic working environment which helps them develop work autonomy and leadership qualities; cultivates professional work attitude and communication skills. The training will enable them to work with confidence and prepare them for further career development
- Graduates can develop their careers in hotels, resorts, theme parks, clubhouses, serviced apartments, conferences and exhibitions, etc.
Upon graduation, job placement assistance will be provided to facilitate graduates to join the hotel, catering and tourism industries, such as Front Desk Agent, Guest Services Officer, Concierge Clerk, Room Butler, Room Attendant, Food & Beverage Hostess/Server, Park Operations Host, Clubhouse Assistant, Events Coordinator or Marketing Executive. By accumulating relevant experience in the industry, graduates can further progress to senior positions.
Students who study food preparation and catering programmes are required to take the food hygiene and safety module. Students who have attained the specified score or above at the relevant examination will be awarded the “Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors” which is recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department, HKSAR.
Graduates of Diploma in Hotel Operations (QF Level 3) who have successfully completed the 2-hour “Introduction to Bordeaux Wines” will be awarded a certificate by Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB), France.
Students may obtain Barista Skills-Foundation qualification from The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) by passing relevant examinations.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002714/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2026
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English Terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus antibody result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase and wear the designated uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Upon completion of the food hygiene and safety module, students may sit for the “Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene” examination offered by the Royal Society for Public Heath (RSPH), UK at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate.
- Applicants should have good sense of smell.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or to undergo practical training which may be scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Professional Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experiences in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes at 2538 2200.