|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel, Training Café and Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 6 (under the New Senior Secondary academic structure); OR completion of Secondary 5 with a pass in the HTI / CCI / ICI bridging course; OR Equivalent.
- Aims to develop qualified talents to support the growth and development of the catering and event industry.
- Students will learn about event planning and operations, the latest technology in virtual/ online events, festive make-up, coffee and cocktail, pastry operations and production and be able to participate in various events inside and outside of the Institute.
- Students will be provided with unique practical opportunities as event assistants in meetings and exhibitions and at the Institutes' events. Students will be able to develop their communication, problem solving and analytical skills while executing various themed events.
- Upon graduation, students will be able to take up the roles of event coordinator in hotels and catering groups / event companies and guest services / club house officer in luxurious residence.
Upon graduation, job placement assistance will be provided to facilitate our graduates to join the hospitality industry, including sectors of catering and event management, club houses, restaurants, theme parks, attractions and other related industries. By accumulating relevant experience in the industry, graduates can progress to senior positions like event manager, catering manager, club house supervisor, restaurant manager, guest services manager, attractions supervisor, etc.
Students who study food preparation and catering programmes are required to take the food hygiene and safety module. Students who have attained the specified score or above at the relevant examination will be awarded the “Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors” which is recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department, HKSAR.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 21/000915/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2021 - 31/08/2026
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English Terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus antibody result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only. More modules are included in the programme.
- Upon completion of the food hygiene and safety module, students may sit for the “Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene” examination offered by the Royal Society for Public Heath (RSPH), UK at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Professional Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experiences in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institute at 2538 2200.