- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in AI and Smart Technology
Higher Diploma in AI and Smart Technology
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2022. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2023/24 will be announced later.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
This programme aims to provide students with professional knowledge in smart city enabling technologies and cybersecurity. It integrates a broad range of skills including artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics, cloud services and cybersecurity operations to meet the diversified development of industries.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates will be able to take positions as IoT Application Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, System and Network Administrator (Cybersecurity) and Cybersecurity Analyst.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution :
- The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities :
- The City University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Hong Kong Metropolitan University
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus) :
- The Coventry University, UK
- The University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in the UK and Australia
The programme is recognised by the Hong Kong Computer Society as satisfying the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.