|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2019 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
Cloud computing is a new trend of IT technology, and most large IT applications will be hosted in cloud systems. This programme aims to equip students with the necessary practical knowledge and skills in cloud and data centre administration, with emphasis on network design and implementation, cloud applications development, and virtualized systems and data centres administration. Graduates can apply their knowledge and skills in the administration of cloud systems and data centres, as well as in the support of various commercial cloud applications and cloud services.
This programme also emphasizes on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates typically pursue a career in the cloud systems, data centres and computer networking industry. Graduates may be employed in various local as well as multi-national IT companies, or in an organisation with a network infrastructure. Graduates are employed to design, setup and administrate fast, secure, flexible and high available clouds to meet their clients’ requirements.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution :
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities :
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus) :
- Coventry University, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in the UK and Australia
The programme is recognised by the Hong Kong Computer Society as satisfying the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
- Average result in 2019 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2019 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.