|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies with successful completion of Foundation Mathematics III; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education with successful completion of Mathematics 3G; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin with successful completion of Mathematics Plus; OR Equivalent.
- Holders of VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies / VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education / Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin without successful completion of the relevant optional Mathematics module, should possess HKDSE Mathematics at Level 2 or above.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The programme aims to educate students who will acquire important theoretical knowledge as well as a useful range of employable and practical skills in automotive engineering and business. Close linkages with local industry, and the Mainland, ensure our graduates fulfill what industry and the region need. Emphasis will especially be placed upon developing critical thinking, effective communication, problem-solving and innovative skills. Successful graduates will be confident in both working alone as well as in a team (as required) and will eventually become leaders in their chosen field.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
The Automotive Engineering industry has a strong, continuing presence in Hong Kong. On the Mainland, the AE industry and related fields are growing rapidly as the economy grows. Graduates may take up positions as Assistant Engineers, Service Advisers, Technicians or Supervisors. They are normally employed by light or heavy vehicle after-sales service centres, environmental protection technology enterprises, vehicle safety inspection centres, vehicle component development companies and road transport related firms.
Graduates can apply for admission to relevant degree programmes offered by local and overseas universities :
- Top-up degree programme collaborated with overseas university :
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering offered by Sheffield Hallam University, UK*
- the relevant BEng (Hons) programmes offered by the following local universities :
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- City University of Hong Kong
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
- Fulfill the Mandatory Basic Safety Training requirements of the Labour Department of the Hong Kong S.A.R. Government for working in construction sites and green card.
- The programme is recognised by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and The Institute of the Motor Industry Hong Kong as satisfying the academic requirements for the Associate membership.
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.