|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
With the increase in the public concerns for environmental issues and the huge investment in infrastructure development, the environmental engineering industry has a very good prospect. This programme is a cross-disciplinary professional study of environmental and construction engineering to align with the local development needs. It ties in closely with the sustainable development of Hong Kong and its manpower needs. Graduates have ample opportunities for career development or further study.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
The employment rate of graduates is expected to be very high due to the blooming of the industry. Graduates may take up positions in the environmental / construction industry such as environmental technologists / technicians, technician engineers, project coordinators, project officers, works supervisors, technical officers and assistant engineers, etc. Employers include government department, public companies, professional environmental / construction consultants and contractors, etc.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes :
- BEng(Hons) in Environmental Engineering and Management offered by The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- BEng(Hons) in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Development offered by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- BSc(Hons) in Environmental and Occupational Safety & Health offered by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- BSc(Hons) in Environmental Management and Technology offered by the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- BSc(Hons) in Environmental Science offered by the Plymouth University in UK
Graduates may also apply for admission to relevant degree programme offered by any other local or oversea universities.
The Department will seek recognition from the following professional bodies to satisfy the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
- The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Graduates completed the required module of the programme will be issued with Green Cards which fulfills the Mandatory Basic Safety Training requirement for working in construction sites.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.