- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Sports Studies with Smart Technology
Higher Diploma in Sports Studies with Smart Technology
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include HKDI and IVE (Chai Wan).)
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
- Applicants are required to pass a basic physical assessment.
- Equip students with professional skills and knowledge in sports management and coaching. Students will have opportunities to formulate innovative solutions in coaching programmes, events, and competitions
- The Interdisciplinary and WIL broadens students’ horizons and allows students to demonstrate their acquired coaching and management skills in conducting fitness assessments, and training programmes for professional sports teams in Schools and Sports Organisations..
Graduates can start their careers in sports management, coaching, marketing, physical performance assessment, and innovation living planning in the public and private sectors, such as National Sports Associations, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Non-governmental Organisations, and clubhouses.
Graduates can pursue relevant top-up degrees locally or overseas. They can apply for admission to the top-up degree programme offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of VTC, or the top-up degree programme in Hong Kong offered by the overseas university in collaboration with the SHAPE :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- BSocSc (Hons) in Sports and Recreation Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management# offered by the Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Students can apply for student membership of the Hong Kong Recreation Management Association.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Programme with interdisciplinary collaboration. The programme is jointly offered by the Hospitality, Design and Information Technology disciplines.