|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 6 (under the New Senior Secondary academic structure); OR completion of Secondary 5 with a pass in the HTI / CCI / ICI bridging course; OR equivalent.
- Prepares students to pursue a career in hotel’s front office department, housekeeping department or food and beverage department; provides them with an understanding of those departments’ structures and the holistic operations; and equips them with the professional skills and knowledge required for the hotel operations.
- In the Integrated Learning Experience Module, through the training at The T Hotel, students can apply their learnt skills and knowledge in an authentic working environment which helps them develop work autonomy and leadership qualities; cultivates professional work attitude and communication skills. The training will enable them to work with confidence and better prepare for career development.
- Graduates can develop their careers in resorts, theme parks, clubhouses, serviced apartments, conferences and exhibitions, etc.
Upon graduation, job placement assistance is provided to facilitate graduates to join the hotel, catering and tourism industries.
Students who study the catering programmes are required to take the Food Hygiene and Safety module. If they pass the required examinations, they will be awarded with "Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors" and / or "Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Managers" which are recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department in Hong Kong.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002714/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English Terminology.
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title / content / duration and change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase and wear the designated uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Upon completion of this programme, students will have the option to sit for the examination of “Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering” at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate issued by The Royal Society for Public Heath (UK).
- Applicants should have good sense of smell.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experiences in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes at 2538 2200.