- S6 Full time
- Diploma in Chinese Cuisine (QF Level 3)
Diploma in Chinese Cuisine (QF Level 3)
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2019. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2020/21 will be announced in late November 2019.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 6 (under the New Senior Secondary academic structure); OR completion of Secondary 5 with a pass in the HTI / CCI / ICI bridging course; OR equivalent.
- Provides professional training for students who wish to pursue a career in the Chinese catering industry. Programme contents include training on southern and other regional Chinese cuisine, food hygiene, food cost control, operation and management skills in Chinese catering establishments
- Integrated Learning Experience in the training restaurants enables students to integrate their learnt principles into practice and develop their readiness for employment and / or further professional development
- Students who have successfully passed the "One Trade Test, Two Cerificates" can concurrently obtain the "Professional Qualification in Chinese Cuisine Certificate" issued by CCI and the "Occupational Qualification Certificate" issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the People's Republic of China
Upon graduation, job placement assistance is provided to facilitate graduates to join the Chinese catering industry.
Since 2004, approved by the Ministry of Labour and Social Security in Beijing and the Guangdong Provincial Labour and Social Security Department, CCI administers the Mainland’s Occupational Qualification Certificate trade test for Chinese cooks in conjunction with the Department of Human Resources and Social Security of Guangdong Province. CCI graduates can attend the said Trade Test to concurrently gain two certificates.
Students who study the food preparation and catering programmes are required to take the Food Hygiene and Safety module. If they pass the required examinations, they will be awarded with "Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors" and / or "Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Managers" which are recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department in Hong Kong.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002721/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English Terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Upon completion of this programme, students will have the option to sit for the examination of “Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering” at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate issued by The Royal Society for Public Heath (UK).
- Applicants should have good sense of smell.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experiences in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes at 2538 2200.