|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2017 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
Students may choose one of the following streams so as to enhance professional knowledge and skills in specific areas:
- Higher Diploma in Fashion Image Design (Hair and Make-up Styling)
- Higher Diploma in Fashion Image Design (Styling and Photography)
semester is a common semester. Students will progress to the streams in the 2nd
semester, subject to their stream choice, academic performance and study place availability in specific streams.
Image design has been accepted emerged as a new profession specializing specialising in make-up, hair styling, fashion styling and fashion photography to create the best and most appropriate image and styling for individual, brand and corporate.
This programme aims to provide graduates with systematic and professional training to enter the fashion image design, advertising, film, TV and media, costume / art direction industries.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Employment opportunities in the image industries also extend to magazine editorial, photography shoots, TV commercials, advertising campaigns, film and TV industries. Graduates may be employed as fashion stylists, fashion image consultants, magazine stylists, make-up or hair stylists and fashion photographers.
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to top-up degree programme offered by the following university in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE):
- University for the Creative Arts, UK: BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion and Imaging
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 252646)
Graduates can also apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are:
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University: BA (Hons) Scheme in Fashion and Textile Studies
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts:
- BFA (Hons) in Theatre and Entertainment Arts - Costume Technology
- BFA (Hons) in Theatre and Entertainment Arts - Set and Costume Design
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
The Higher Diploma in Fashion Image Design offered by the Hong Kong Design Institute is highly recognised by professional bodies, fashion designers and design industries.
- Average result in 2017 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2017 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.