|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Not Applicable. This programme is newly offered in AY 2019/20.
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants are not required to show portfolio in the interview.
Students may choose one of the following streams so as to enhance professional knowledge and skills in specific areas :
- Higher Diploma in Film, Television and Photography (Cinematography)
- Higher Diploma in Film, Television and Photography (Directing and Scriptwriting)
- Higher Diploma in Film, Television and Photography (Photography)
- Higher Diploma in Film, Television and Photography (Post-Production)
semester is a common semester. Students will progress to the streams in the 2nd
semester, subject to their stream choice, academic performance and study place availability in specific streams.
This programme aims to equip students with necessary skills and production knowledge for film, television and photography industry with an approach to hands-on, practical learning on pre-production, production and post-production skills.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates will have opportunities to work in various organisations including television stations, film companies, TV production houses, advertising agencies, in-house video production departments, news agencies, web TV companies, public relations and event companies, multimedia companies and education supporting units, where they may take the roles such as cinematographer, photographer, director, producer, film/video editor, scriptwriter, production manager, lighting director, art director, creative director, television technical director, digital imaging technician and visual effects producer.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas.
This programme is developing articulation to top-up degree programmes offered by universities overseas, of which the potential partnering programmes include :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Coventry University, UK : BA(Hons) Media#
(Registration Number of Non-local Higher and Professional Education: 252720)
Graduates can apply for admission to relevant degree programmes of local universities. Some examples are:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University : BA (Hons) in Digital Media
- City University of Hong Kong :
- BA Creative Media
- BSc Creative Media
- Hong Kong Baptist University : BCOMM (Hons) - Film Major
- The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts : BFA (Hons) Degree in Film and Television
Upon admission to relevant degree programmes, graduates can apply for credit exemption. The level of exemption will be considered on individual basis.
Students are eligible to apply for student membership of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) and the Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association (HKDEA).
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
The validation of programme will be conducted in 2019.