|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel, Training Café and Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
- The programme prepares students to pursue a career as travel consultant, air ticketing agent, tour guide or tour escort; provides them with stimulated training in Global Distribution System, flight booking, coach guiding and customer service, which are essential skills and knowledge for travel agency operation
- Through integrated learning experience, students will develop independent and positive work attitude, communication skills, leadership and managerial skills which enable them to work with confidence and progress in their career pathways
Graduates of Diploma in Tour Service and Travel Agency Operations (QF Level 3) will be exempted from the Written Examination (Part A) for Tourist Guide Accreditation Examination organised by TIA.
Graduates of Diploma in Tour Service and Travel Agency Operations (QF Level 3) can apply for the TIA Outbound Tour Escort Accreditation Examination without taking the certificate course organised by TIA.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002715/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2026
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students must purchase and wear the designated uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the right not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or undergo practical training scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.
- The programme is geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to the Professional Certificate / Professional Diploma programme after having accumulated work experience in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes on 2538 2200.