- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Community Service Planning and Navigation
Higher Diploma in Community Service Planning and Navigation
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
This programme aims to prepare students with the understanding of the community needs of the silver market population, design thinking skills to identify and design social solutions, project management skills to operate / own silver market projects and programme planning skills in real settings. Practice in the community and the workplace will strengthen students’ skills and mindset. Together with the emphasis on human values, students are able to think empathetically and creatively for a better society.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates of the programme can work as Community Executive, Community Development Officer, Program Worker, Rehabilitation Assistant and Gerontech Care Equipment Counsellor in social enterprises, business and non-governmental organizations.
Graduates can apply for admission to full-time / part-time bachelor degree programmes at various local and overseas universities, e.g.
# This 1-year full-time / 1.5-year part-time programme is offered in collaboration with VTC SHAPE. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health and Social Care, the University of the West of England, Bristol (Registration No. : 253136)#
- Bachelor of Science in Gerontology, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Applied Ageing Studies and Service Management, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Design, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care, the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.