|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average result of admitted students in 2016 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained" and an "Attained with Distinction" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) award upon successful completion of prescribed modules are eligible to apply for Higher Diploma Programmes.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge in telecommunication infrastructure including mobile / wireless networks, telephone fixed-line networks, broadband optical networks, network security and network management. Practical work in the programme will be based on recognised trade certificates so that skills are of direct relevance to industry practice and new technologies.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates are likely to be employed as Network Engineers and Administrators in the areas of telecommunication systems / networks installation, maintenance, operation and administration. They can also find employment opportunities in technical marketing as well as technical support. They are equipped with the software development skills to contribute to the implementation of services provided on contemporary telecommunication systems.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes:
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution:
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus):
- Coventry University, UK
- University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in UK and Australia
The programme is accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE).
- Average result in 2016 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2016 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.