|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class venue : VTC Pokfulam Complex)
Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Equips students with management knowledge and skills and practical applications in baking and pastry operations so as to prepare them for supervisory roles in the industry
- Cultivates students' notion for lifelong learning and develops students to be independent learners with local, national and global vision for further study and professional development in the hospitality industry
- Equips students with the necessary technical and professional knowledge and skills, initially at paraprofessional level, via the blending of theoretical and practical application
Job placement assistance is provided to facilitate our graduates to start their careers in operative positions in patisseries, bakeries, cafes, restaurants, hotels, resorts, theme parks, clubhouses and more. After gaining professional experience, they can advance to supervisory positions such as Demi-Chef, Chef de Partie, and Pastry Sous Chef. Equipped with management know how in bakery and pastry operations and business students may also choose to open their own bakery, pastry shop or café.
Graduates who choose to pursue further studies may apply for admission to relevant accredited degree programmes offered by local or overseas institutes, e.g. BA (Hons) in Culinary Arts Management offered by the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), BSc (Hons) in Bakery and Patisserie Technology or BA(Hons) in International Hospitality and Tourism Management offered by the University College Birmingham in UK* (Interview may be required for certain programmes)
* Applicants should meet the English language requirement set out by the University, i.e. HKDSE English Language at Level 3 or above (with all components at Level 3 or above) / IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 or above (with all components at score 5.5 or above) or equivalent
- Except for modules of specific content, the medium of instruction for this programme is English.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.