|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- This programme is only applicable to VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education graduates who have completed Secondary 6 under New Senior Secondary Academic Structure (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants should note the Social Welfare Department's requirement of academic qualifications for registration as a registered health worker in Hong Kong.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to provide students with professional knowledge of social care, nursing skills and administrative training concerning the social and health services of the older population through fieldwork placement and service projects so as to enhance the quality of life of the older adults and help them pursue “Successful Aging” in the community. To uphold students’ integrity, professional ethics is also infused in this programme.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates can work as health care officers, programme workers，rehabilitation assistant and administrative executives in the social welfare and elderly care services industries.
Graduates can apply for admission to full-time / part-time bachelor degree programmes at various local and overseas universities, e.g.
- Bachelor of Science in Gerontology, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Applied Ageing Studies and Service Management, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Design, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
Graduates of the programme are eligible for registration as health workers with the Social Welfare Department.
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.