|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2018 (Note 1)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
This programme aims to prepare students with the understanding of the social needs of the silver market population, design thinking skills to identify and design social solutions, and project management skills to operate/own silver market projects. Practice in the community and the workplace will strengthen students’ skills and mindset. Together with the emphasis on human values, students are able to think empathetically and creatively for a better society.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic and language training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
Graduates of the programme can work as Community Executive, Community Development Officer, and Social Designer, etc in social enterprises, business and non-governmental organizations.
Graduates can apply for admission to full-time / part-time bachelor degree programmes at various local and overseas universities, e.g.
- Bachelor of Science in Gerontology, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Applied Ageing Studies and Service Management, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Design, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Health Care, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
- Average result in 2018 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language, of admitted students in 2018 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.