|Normal Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
- In-service personnel of the catering industry
- Possess Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors
- Hygiene practices and food handling
- Environmental hygiene, cleaning and sanitation
- Pest management
- Hong Kong food laws
- Principles of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and case study
|General Class Time|
- Every Tuesday and Thursday
- 09:30 - 16:30
|Medium of Instruction|
English or Cantonese (supplemented by English Terminologies)
- Those achieved a minimum score of 50% in the examination and with an attendance of 100% will be awarded a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Managers recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department. Please also bring along a copy of the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for Hygiene Supervisors recognised by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department or Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene recognised by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) upon submission of the application.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.