|(1) ||The information collected from the application, including the name, phone number, mobile number, email address, correspondence address and education level, will be used for the following purposes: |
- for processing and selection of applications for admission to VTC programmes in 2019/20; and related purposes;
- for obtaining the results of public examinations from the HKEAA, and obtaining information from relevant institutions about your candidature in public examinations and studies in institutions in Hong Kong and elsewhere;
- for obtaining records of your examination results attained in the programmes provided by member institutions under the VTC;
- for checking of application records and the study records of the programmes provided by member institutions under the VTC;
- VTC may allow the school in which you are currently enrolled to have access to the information contained in, and the progress of your application;
- for storage of information on the successful applicants in the Student Records System; and
- if applicant indicated his / her wish to receive VTC information, the application data will be retained for providing direct marketing information in relation to any programmes, admission and events of VTC and its member institutions. VTC will seek his / her consent on the application form; the VTC cannot use the personal data without consent.
| || |
|(2) ||VTC undertakes to keep personal data provided by applicants confidential. However, VTC may provide such information to any other persons or agents for the purposes described in (1) under a duty of confidentiality to VTC. If an applicant would like to unsubscribe from receiving the said information or update his / her personal data, please send the request with registered name, phone number, mobile number, email address, correspondence address and education level to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 2365 4172. |
| || |
|(3) ||In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, an applicant has the right : |
- to check whether VTC holds his / her personal data;
- to request a copy of such data; and
- to require VTC to correct any of the personal data which is inaccurate.
Sufficient information will need to be provided to establish identity, otherwise VTC shall refuse to comply with the request.
| || |
|(4) ||Request for access to data should be submitted in writing to Executive Officer at |
VTC Admissions Office
Room 032, Ground Floor
IVE (Morrison Hill)
6 Oi Kwan Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
| || |
|(5) ||In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, VTC reserves the right to charge a fee for the processing of data access request. |