|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class venue : VTC Pokfulam Complex)
Class and training venues include but not limited to VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Foundation Diploma (Level 3) / Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education; OR Yi Jin Diploma / Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Students are equipped with professional knowledge and practical skills of wine and beverage, and catering industry, initially at paraprofessional level.
- After obtaining professional qualifications and undergone industrial attachments, graduates may progressively pursue a career in the wine and beverage or catering industry; or articulate to bachelor degree in either local or overseas universities; and/or articulate to further professional qualifications in their areas of interest.
Graduates can pursue a career progressively in the wine and beverage or catering industry such as liquor shop manager, wine and/or beverage merchandiser, brand ambassador, wine sales manager, sommelier, beverage manager, wine director, wine and beverage event organizer, specialty experts such as Chinese tea master, coffee master, beer brewing master, liquor distillation master or cheesemonger..
Graduates opting for further studies are eligible to apply for a the related degree programmes offered by various local and overseas universities such as:
- Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Sheffield Hallam University, the United Kingdom *
- University College of Birmingham, the United Kingdom
* Top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the overseas universities in collaboration with SHAPE
Remark: Applicants should meet the requirement set out by the university for senior or final year entry.
Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
- Level 1 Award in Wines
- Level 1 Award in Spirits
- Level 2 Award in Wines
- Level 3 Award in Wines
L’Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux, France
- Introductory Certificate in Bordeaux Wines
Consejo Regulador de la D.O. 'Jerez Xeres Sherry', Spain
- Advanced Certificate in Sherry Wines
The Royal Society for Public Health of the United Kingdom, the United Kingdom
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department of Hong Kong SAR Government
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Except for modules of specific content, the medium of instruction for this programme is English and may be supplemented with Chinese, as when and where required.
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title, content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students will be required to participate in wine tasting activities (evaluation of appearance, aromas and palate) during the course of study. Applicants who are unfit for wine tasting activities due to health reasons may not be suitable for admission to the programme.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students’ own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Upon completion of this programme, students will have the option to sit for the examination of “Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering” at their own expense. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate issued by The Royal Society for Public Heath (UK).
- Applicants should have good sense of smell.