|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 3 or equivalent；at least 15 years of age and a pass in the interview.
- Aims to provide students with essential knowledge and skills in hotel operations. It integrates a defined range of key technical and operational skills required by entry-level staff to provide food and beverage, front office and housekeeping services.
- On top of the three core modules: Front Office, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage, students are required to select one elective module.
- Students are able to extend their knowledge and skills in other study areas relevant to hotel operations to widen their exposure for articulation or employment opportunities.
- The programme emphasises hands-on experience that will help students shape their attitudes and professionalism in hotel industry.
- Students who successfully passed the programme with prescribed module can choose to pursue further study to Diploma programmes in Hotel / Food & Beverage / Chinese Cuisine / International Cuisines offered by the institutes or start their career in operative positions available in the industries.
Upon graduation, job placement assistance is provided to facilitate graduates to join the hotel, catering and tourism industries.
Students who successfully passed the programme with prescribed module can choose to pursue further study to Diploma programmes in Hotel / Food & Beverage / Chinese Cuisine / International Cuisines.
Students are required to take module related to Food Hygiene and Safety. Students who successfully passed the module can attend the examinations set by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department of Hong Kong and the Royal Society for Public Health (UK) at own expense.
QF Level: 2
QR Registration No.: 15/002812/L2
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English terminology.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students enrolling for this programme must maintain the health standards required of a food handler throughout the duration of training. This encompasses taking a medical check, at students' own expenses, which includes chest X-ray, urine routine, stool routine, stool culture, hepatitis A virus Ab lgG.
- For students who have a negative hepatitis A virus result, a vaccine is recommended.
- Students are required to have a medical check, purchase the designated reference books, uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- Subject to training requirements, students may be arranged to attend lessons or to undergo practical training which may be scheduled on evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays at other campuses or venues.