|Duration of Study|
Entry to Year 1: 4 Years
Entry to Year 3: 2 Years
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses.)
Year 1: 20
Year 3: 40
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2019 (Note 1)|
|Entrance Requirements|Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose. Only the results of relevant ApL subjects will be considered in the application for Degree programmes. Relevant ApL subjects include: Public Relations and Advertising, Marketing in Global Trade, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Events Planning and Operation, Image Design, Applied Business Research, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Financial Markets and Operations, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Exercise Science and Health Fitness, Electrical and Energy Engineering, Computer Forensic Technology, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Accounting in Practice, Pâtisserie and Café Operations, Animal Care, Jewellery and Accessories Design, Practical Psychology, Public Relations and Communication, Business Data Analysis, Internet of Everything Application, Creative Advertising.
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules may be required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3890 8222).
Offers a unique programme tailored to the development of public relations specialists with a solid foundation in public relations, management, marketing and communications, and event management.
Graduates can pursue their careers in public relations, corporate communications, mass media advertising and marketing for profit and non-profit organisations. Employment opportunities include executive positions in but not limited to public relations, advertising, corporate communications, marketing, event management, media planning and buying, media sales and marketing, investor relations, publicists, customer relations, community relations, copywriting, translation and corporate brand management.
Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association Limited (PRPA), Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM), The Hong Kong Advertisers Association (HK2A) and Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM) accept our students as student members.
- Average result in 2019 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2019 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.