|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
This programme aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge in the fields of information technology and finance through a new interdisciplinary training approach. We hope to enhance students' ability in developing and executing FinTech projects, cultivate them to be the next generation financial technologists and entrepreneurs.
Graduates are able to work in banks, investment firms, fund houses, insurance companies and other financial technology institutions. Careers include Business and Big Data Analytics, Financial Analysis, Fintech Project Management, Fintech Software and Mobile Payment Development, User Experience Design, Blockchain and Cyber Security. In addition, graduates can work in Fintech start-up companies and may consider starting their own business.
Graduates can apply for admission to the following programmes:
- Local degree programmes offered by VTC's member institution:
- The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Degree programmes in local universities:
- The City University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Baptist University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong Metropolitan University
- Articulation degree programmes in overseas universities (conducted at IVE campus):
- The Coventry University, UK
- The University of the West of England, UK
- Other Universities in the UK and Australia
The programme is recognised by the Hong Kong Computer Society as satisfying the academic requirements for its Associate membership.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Programme with interdisciplinary collaboration. The programme is jointly offered by the Information Technology and Business disciplines.