|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Class and training venues include but not limited to The International Culinary Institute, VTC Pokfulam Complex, VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, Tin Shui Wai Training Centre, Chinese Training Restaurant and Western Training Restaurant at Pokfulam, The T Hotel at Pokfulam, Training Café at Pokfulam, Western Training Restaurant at Kowloon Bay.)
Completion of Secondary 6 (under the New Senior Secondary academic structure); OR completion of Secondary 5 (under the Old Academic Structure); OR equivalent.
- Prepares students to pursue a career as travel consultant, air ticketing agent, tour guide or tour escort; provides them with stimulated training in SABRE ticketing service, flight booking, coach guiding and customer service, which are essential skills and knowledge for travel agency operation
- Through integrated learning experience, students will develop autonomy, positive work attitude, better communications skills, leadership qualities and managerial skills which enable them to work with confidence and progress in their career pathways
Upon graduation, job placement assistance is provided to facilitate graduates to join the tourism industry.
Graduates of Diploma in Tour Service and Travel Agency Operations (QF Level 3) will be exempted from the Written Examination (Part A) for Tourist Guide Accreditation Examination.
Graduates of Diploma in Tour Service and Travel Agency Operations (QF Level 3) can apply for the TIC Outbound Tour Escort Accreditation Examination without taking the certificate course organised by TIC.
QF Level: 3
QR Registration No.: 15/002715/L3
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
- Medium of Instruction: Chinese supplemented with English Terminology.
- VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme title / content / duration and change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.
- Students are required to purchase and wear the designated uniform and shoes where applicable, at their own costs. Institute reserves the rights not to admit students who fail to follow this clause.
- Items listed in the Curriculum are key modules only, more modules are included in the programme.
- The programmes are geared to prepare students for employment after graduation. Graduates may articulate to Professional Certificate / Diploma programmes after having accumulated work experiences in the industry. For enquiries, please call the Institutes at 2538 2200.