- Part-time Day Programmes
- Diploma of Vocational Education, Certificate of Vocational Education and Craft Certificate Programmes
- Certificate of Vocational Education (Vehicle Body Repair)
Certificate of Vocational Education (Vehicle Body Repair)
The following section presents the information of Part-time Day Programmes offered in September 2019. Information of programmes to be offered in academic year 2020/21 will be announced in Mid July 2020.
|Duration of Study|
2 - 3 Years
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Completion of Secondary 3 OR Equivalent
- Normally to be completed in 3 years with 1 day and 1 to 2 evenings per week.
- Students are normally required to study 962 curriculum hours.
Holders of Basic Craft Certificate / Certificate of Basic Craft Studies (BCC) in relevant stream or equivalent
- Normally to be completed in 2 to 3 years with 1 day and 1 to 2 evenings per week.
- Students are normally required to study 735 curriculum hours.
- Applicants with higher qualifications, holders of BCC in other streams or those who possess relevant work experience may apply for study exemption for some of the modules.
- The actual curriculum hours may be slightly different from the normal curriculum hours due to the electives chosen.
The programme covers knowledge related to vehicle body repair and vehicle painting. The vocational modules include, Vehicle Technology, Engine Technology, Vehicle Maintenance, Body Repair, Vehicle Painting , Vehicle Body Welding, Top Coat Spraying and Paint Defects, Body Damage Analysis & Aluminum Body Repair etc.
Graduates could be employed in automotive industry as Vehicle Body Repair Mechanics and could eventually become supervisors. They could also apply for registration as Vehicle Body Repair Mechanics under the Voluntary Registration Scheme.
Graduates can further their study in the Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) programme. Holders of Diploma of Vocational Education are considered having met the general entrance requirements of Higher Diploma programmes (not applicable to programmes with specific entrance requirements). Please refer to the details of Higher Diploma programmes in this homepage.
- For some modules of the programmes, the medium of instruction and assessments is Chinese.
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.