|Duration of Study|
Entry to Year 1: 4 Years
Entry to Year 3: 2 Years
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
(Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses.)
Year 1: 20
Year 3: 50
|Average Result of Admitted Students in 2020 (Note 1)|
|Entrance Requirements|Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent*.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose. Only the results of relevant ApL subjects will be considered in the application for Degree programmes. Relevant ApL subjects include : Marketing in Global Trade, Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Commercial Comic Art, Infotainment Production, TV Infotainment Production, Radio Host and Programme Production, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Events Planning and Operation, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Introduction to Cantonese Opera, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts / The Essentials of Theatre Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Accounting in Practice, Public Relations and Communication, Business Data Analysis, Internet of Everything Application, Creative Advertising, Medical Laboratory Science, Railway Studies, Display and Jewellery Design, Film and Transmedia, Accounting for e-Business, Child Care and Development, Constructing Smart Cities.
*Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to degree programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results. Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules may be required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
This programme aims to cultivate students’ creativity and design thinking. Through an in-depth understanding of the theory and principle in traditional advertising and the exploration of knowledge and application of transmedia and internet on advertising, students will be able to develop effective advertising solutions through the process of conducting research, analysis, implementation and evaluation. In additional to local market information, international elements would be also introduced to student through visiting or seminar for delivering the corporate information and practical knowledge taught by the speakers from the industry professionals. Practice makes perfect! We have a tight connection with industry practitioners for internship and we encourage students to excel their creativity through international competitions. Current students and alumni outshined in various local and international advertising competitions e.g. Red Dot Award, 4As Kam Fan Award.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be equipped with professional knowledge of advertising and marketing acumen and awareness of transmedia technology to join the advertising industry in copywriting, marketing, digital marketing, advertising planning, branding design, interactive and online advertising, transmedia and graphic communication design. They can be promoted to different positions, including creative director, brand consultants and designers, etc.
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of :
- The Chartered Society of Designers (All students are entitled to free CSD Student Membership and are able to apply for Associate Membership of the Society at a discounted rate on graduation)
- The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Designers Association
- Average result in 2020 refers to average score of the best 5 HKDSE subjects, including English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, Liberal Studies, and one elective subject of admitted students in 2020 for reference only.
(Scoring scale: 5**=7 points; 5*=6 points; 5=5 points; 4=4 points; 3=3 points; 2=2 points; 1=1 point)
- Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.