- S6 Full time
- Higher Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Business and Legal Studies
Higher Diploma in Business and Legal Studies
The following section presents the programme information offered in September 2023. Application information for AY 2024/25 will be announced in early November 2023.
|Duration of Study|
|Mode of Study|
|Offering Campus(es) / Venue(s)|
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR VTC Diploma of Foundation Studies; OR VTC Diploma of Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate; OR Diploma Yi Jin; OR Equivalent.
- An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Applicable to holders of Diploma in Vocational Education / Diploma of Vocational Education (DVE) (students admitted to DVE in AY2017/18 or before are required to complete prescribed further studies modules).
- Upon completion of the Diploma of Vocational Baccalaureate (DVB) Programmes, students can progress to higher diploma programmes in VTC, subject to their BTEC and IGCSE results.
This programme aims to equip students with legal knowledge to take up the position of "Legal Executive". Upon completion of the programme, graduates are competent to provide professional support to law firms and commercial corporations in relation to legal work. Teaching team is in close connection with the legal industry, ensuring the programme is up to the standard of the industry and providing career opportunities to graduates.
Graduates are able to work as "Legal Executive" to handle the legal affairs in law firms and commercial corporations. They can also apply for various posts in the disciplinary forces of the government.
Graduates can pursue relevant degrees locally or overseas. They can also apply for admission to the top-up degree programmes in Hong Kong offered by the following university in collaboration with the School for Higher and Professional Education (SHAPE) :
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead. Please refer to the corresponding programme page in the website of SHAPE for the registered course no.
- Northumbria University, UK : BA (Hons) Business and International Management #
The Law Society of Hong Kong : Graduates of the programme who have satisfied the following requirements are entitled to use the title “Legal Executive”
- who have obtained a pass in 5 subjects in HKCEE or a combination of results in 5 HKDSE subjects of Level 2 in NSS subjects, “Attained” in ApL subjects (subject to a maximum of 2 ApL subjects”) and Grade E in Other Language subjects or who have been in law-related employment in Hong Kong for 3 years; and
- who have obtained a minimum grade of D in English language (Syllabus B) (or equivalent) in pre-2007 HKCEE, or a minimum level 3 in English language from 2007 HKCEE onwards, or a minimum overall score of 6 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or a minimum Level 3 in English Language in HKDSE since 2012.
Students may be required to attend classes on other VTC campuses. VTC reserves the right to cancel any programme, revise programme content or change the offering institute(s) / campus(es) / class venue(s) if circumstances so warrant.