Financial Planning and Management
- To formulate the Council-wide financial management and budgetary control system;
- To co-ordinate, consolidate and evaluate the budget submissions for the preparation of the Council Estimates;
- To co-ordinate the liaison with Government in respect of the funding and resources bidding issues;
- To propose the allocation of resources to operational units and to review the funding position; and
- To evaluate the financial viability of new initiatives/projects and set up the accounting and budgetary control systems.
Management Information and Costing
- To provide and maintain financial data and costing information of the Council;
- To formulate and devise the costing policies in collaboration with operational units and to update the costing bases; and
- To compute cost and review the costing computations for projects/activities.
Financial Accounting and Treasury
- To formulate accounting policies and related rules and guidelines on accounting operations;
- To provide treasury functions including bank accounts operation, cash management and investment of Council's funds, payment to suppliers and other creditors, payroll services and payment of staff benefit/disbursements, revenue collection and reconciliation;
- To provide general accounting services including ledger accounting, preparation of financial statements and dealing with annual audit matters; and
- To carry out system development of the Financial Information Systems and regular review of the accounting operations.
Procurement and Supplies Services
- To formulate procurement and supplies policies;
- To provide procurement service of stores, works and services for the Council through tendering/quotation exercise, small value purchase, etc.;
- To arrange tender/quotation negotiations and execute contract management including variation of contract and evaluation of contractors’ performance, etc.;
- To establish and maintain the Council’s Approved Suppliers List (CASL) including supplier registration, evaluation of suppliers’ performance and suspension or deletion of the suppliers with unsatisfactory or poor performance, etc.; and
- To maintain an inventory management system for recording and updating of asset, inventory and departmental control stores of the Council; and to arrange stock verification, write-off and disposal of stores.